Friday, March 09, 2007

How much can you grab ?

When I was a bochur in Yeshiva, my Rebbe - Rav Yechiel Bloom, Shlita - used to give us chizzuk when the beis medrash was a little empty - so that we should not become disheartened by the lack of fellows. He said that min haShamayim it is decreed how much torah will be learnt in a particular beis medrash - but not by whom - so when we were fewer in number we could, in fact, get a bigger slice of the pie, i.e. - 'grab' more learning.
As I sit here in Cracow, about to experience shabbos in the city where pure Toras Chaim flowed from the Rema, the Tosfos Yom Tov, the Bach and practically countless others - I wonder - just how much can I 'grab'?

1 comment:

Miriam the Mommy said...

Sadly, a lot of places you're going in Poland have plenty of Torah up for grabs, since no one else is there to learn...

Enjoy the yartzheit in Lizhensk today - daven for all of us!!!